Well, for those few faithful souls who have followed this site, I apologize for not posting any updates. I have been struggling with a virus and fatigue for 4 weeks now. I don't have many of the cold symptoms anymore, but the fatigue continues to leave me feeling drained, weak and unmotivated. Unfortunately, it also affects my diet and overall mood as I lose motivation to be disciplined in anything and long to feel normal once again. These are the times when it becomes harder to avoid the (temporarily) comforting nature of sugar and carbs and I will admit, I've more cookies and ice cream in the last month than the previous 6 combined.
I finally went back to the doctor and ordered some blood work tests. I hope to have some results tomorrow and maybe then have an idea of what is wrong with me and what I need to do to be well again. It is getting to the point where I will have lost most of the endurance I've built up over the last few months and that will have a big impact on my upcoming races. While I should be able to continue training and have a chance to get in decent shape, the chance to perform at an exceptional level and post a fast Ironman time is quickly eroding.
and since I hate the whole "wait till next year" idea, I must convince myself to make the most of this season and not give up on helping others better themselves.
carpe diem boys...
No comments:
Post a Comment