Thursday, February 26, 2009

smoke on the water

Well, Chris and I decided that today was the day to set a new PR for the 500y Time Trial. However, instead of simply warming up and then doing the TT, we would do a TT and then 2 mins later do it again to see if we could match the time. We did this same workout about 4 weeks earlier and as good was we have both been swimming, we were pretty sure we'd both set a new PR.

The first 500 went a bit better for Chris than for me he dropped his PR by over 20 seconds, while I beat mine by 3. Coincidentally, he beat me by about that same margin...(it does seem to take me longer to loosen up, but that's no excuse for getting beat by 20 seconds) The second 500 I was determined not to get smashed again and tried to stay right with Chris the whole time. The result was another PR for me (8:56) while Chris came close to matching his first set. Getting under the 9-minute mark was a big confidence booster for us and now we can set our sights on 8:00!

Now, I'm off to celebrate w/ a short-stack of carb-filled love (my customary reward for a new PR)

No comments:

Post a Comment