Friday, August 28, 2009

Great CrossFit WOD

I have been feeling a bit better the last week and after getting a solid bike ride in the other day I thought it was time to try a tough CF WOD and see how it went. By chance (or fate) the wod was one of my favorites*
*(favorite = a total-body workout that will require strength, endurance and mental determination to complete and will most likely leave me breathless & exhausted but also will liven my spirit with a sweet satisfaction from both the accomplishment of finishing the WO as well as the pure joy of pushing my body to its limit)

the WorkOut:
As Many Rounds As Possible in 20 minutues of:
5 Thrusters (Front Squat into front press)
7 Hang Cleans
10 Sumo-DeadLift High-Pulls (SDLHP)
- I used 75#, the Rx weight is 95# so I still have plenty of room for improvement.

This WO is a perfect mix of upper and lower body and core, blended together into 20 minutes of character-building "fun".
I did 7 rounds, which is not a PR, but I was proud that I kept moving and didn't give up. If anyone wants to try this for 1st time, try it w/ just the 45# bar and make sure you have good form. Post any questions and how many rounds you get...

No comments:

Post a Comment