DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON TV. NEITHER "DIET" NOR "DRIVE THRU" ARE GOOD FOR YOU AND BOTH WILL PROBABLY HAVE DETRIMENTAL EFFECTS ON YOUR LONG TERM HEALTH. AND TACO BELL IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU, EVEN IF YOU OMIT THE QUESO.
It may be a bit obvious to some, but then maybe not. It kind of scares me, that people can be fooled that easily, especially those who are in the most health trouble. After I got over the initial shock of this guy's "diet" plan, I told him to try eating from the deli instead - it's quick, mostly fresh and mostly healthy. He asked where this "deli" was located and I told him it could be found at most any food store in the area and that he drove past such a place on his way to taco bell everyday. It would be funny if it weren't so sad...
but to leave you on a lighter note, please take the time to read this article about the DTD:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/an-open-letter-to-taco-bell/
it's both informative AND funny, pointing out many of the ridiculous claims made. Also, a link to the infamous DTD itself:
http://www.drivethrudiet.com/
again, it's funny but sad that people are believing their claims and buying more tacos.
My favorite lines from the article:
After close scrutiny of your seven Fresco menu items, I discovered the secret to your revolutionary way of creating healthy foods: You replace the cheese with tomatoes. I’m no food lab scientist, but with careful engineering it seems you could apply the Cheese Removal Principle to not just seven menu items, but to every single product you offer. Call it “Sans Queso!” and you’ve got an entire menu full of super-healthy foods....You can even charge an extra thirty cents to Sans Queso! a food. The new anti-supersize.
I do respect your little border sauce packets of modified food starch, autolyzed yeast extract, sugar, onion juice, and xantham gum, but including a secondary option of fresh chopped tomatoes, onions, and tomatillas could improve both taste and the amount of nutrients your customers consume. So get yourself a salsa bar. People like salsa and they like bars, it’s a win-win.
I had to pull out the old translation dictionary to learn that “gordita” is Spanish for “chubby.” What a brilliant concept! Right there in the name of the food you’ve included a warning for how the food will make you look and feel. I love it! You should rename other menu items to include similar warnings. A nacho bell grande could be called an “estomago grande,” a caramel empanada could be a “caramel diabetica,” and a mexican pizza could simply be “El Diarrea.”
Have a good day and please pass this announcement on to others. If someone you know has already bought into the lies and is planning on eating the DTD for lunch, hit them in the stomach as hard as you can and refer them to professional help. they may even thank you later.
Funny enough I have been wanting to go look at the web site because I assumed I would be asked about it by people we are coaching. It seems you managed to make first contact! I would rank this death inducing diet along with "one food" diets where you only eat one food for an extended time. You lose weight but that is most likely because you are dying...
ReplyDeleteLin
I didn't know that Taco Bell meat actually had bits of Jimmy Hoffa floating around in it! HILARIOUS!! Scott, I hope this article helps you realize that you should stop eating at Taco Bell so much.
ReplyDelete