Friday, April 16, 2010

CrossFit Total

Tonight I did my 1st CrossFit Total (in 30 minutes work to your best Squat, Press and DL). I wasn't really that pumped up for it after a long day/week at work, but Kyle and Lin encouraged me to join them so I figured I might as well try.

The one negative thought that ran through my mind was "what if I can't lift as much as I hoped I could?". After doing more strength work all winter, I fully expected to have some solid PR's, but have been hesitant to push myself to my limit. Others may know what I'm talking about; that it's scary to push yourself that hard - to the point where you may fail. Way too often I have settled for the easy victories or allowed myself to be ok with the average effort. I don't want to be that person any more. Even if it means facing failure, defeat or missed expectations I want to give all that I have to give - every time.

So... I started off with the squat and though I am still weaker than I want to be, I was able to get a small PR at 255#. I knew the press would be rough since I had just done heavy presses the day before, but that's part of the game, you don't know what's coming next. I failed twice at 145 before pressing 135#. I'm ok with that for now, but plan to boost that up this summer. The DL has been my best lift and I knew I was ready for a big PR after doing 255 for 3 reps the week before, which was also a PR. After 2 solid lifts at 255 & 275, I went up to 290 and nailed it! Double body-weight DL and a 35# PR. I'll take that. Giddy UP

CF total: 680.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! You won't fail if you're giving all you have.

    ReplyDelete