Tuesday, July 20, 2010

CrossFit Games

I pretty much put everything else aside this weekend so I could spend every possible moment watching the CF Games live via their web feed. I have been starved for motivation for weeks now and didn't know what it would take to get me fired up about training again. By that I mean - I have only been doing 1-2 workouts a week as I've felt so drained and worn out from a busy schedule and low energy levels. That led to a drop in mental strength and determination, which is normally not an issue for me. I know I can work out occasionally and maintain some average level of fitness, but that's not me. I want to give all that I have to give and be all that I can be.

As soon as the workouts started on friday night, I could feel something stirring in me. First, the feeling of a spectator being drawn in to the amazing display of athleticism, (which there was no shortage of) watching Chris Spealler knock out muscle ups with ease and then crank out (for him) body weight squat snatches faster than guys much bigger than him. Then, I was drawn in even deeper, not just wanting to be present at the competition, but to be a part of it. Desiring to have the chance to prove myself on such a stage. Many athletes will be familiar with this feeling, as it often rises up when you attend a race/game/event. The bigger the event, the bigger the rise of emotion and excitement. I had 2 friends come to watch me do the Ironman last year and by the end of the day they were both ready to sign up- and 1 actually did. That is what stirred up within me and would not be discounted or diminished.

This is exactly what I needed to challenge me to get back up and put myself back in the ring. I now take the first steps back into building strength and look forward to the challenges that await...


No comments:

Post a Comment