As those close to me know, I have a addictive relationship with sugar & dessert. I tend to eat it whenever I see it and when I don't have it, I am thinking about how nice it would be if I did. It is something I am trying to work on as I become more solidified in my belief that sugar really is of the devil - but that's for another post.
I came across this post on another blog, from a CrossFit group out in CA; it offers an idea to help those who face the seemingly unresistable temptation of a chocolate chip cookie:
The out? You can PRE-pay for one sweet item on the same day you plan to indulge by performing 100 consecutive burpees (with a jump and clap over-head at full extension).I think it's genius, especially to someone who is willing to pay for their indulgence; even more so if it might ease the consequences of the indiscretion! So, if you see me jumping up and down out back at a social gathering where desserts are being served, please know that I may simply be "pre-paying" for my possible (ok, most likely) food choices. Or, maybe I just like doing burpees...
The Pre-Payment shame has to be done on the day of, and cannot be credited to a day in the future. The burpees expire at midnight.
You also can't spread the burpees out over the course of the day in an attempt to ameliorate their heinousness. Burpees done at a Crossfit workout also don't count.
(editor's note: a "burpee" = dropping to the ground kicking your feet out behind you, doing a push-up, then gathering your feet underneath you, then jumping straight up and clapping overhead. sounds like fun, eh?)
who's with me? Chris - I know you love burpees...
let me know your thoughts.
(you being the people I have yet to invite to read this blog)
Well, I'm impressed. With the blog, with your workouts, with your commitment. I like the "pre-paying" concept, though I'm not sure I can do justice to the burpee move. Does it count if you do it slowly?
ReplyDeleteSo does that mean 100 for EACH indulgence. Or do they grant you a free pass for the entire day? If so, I'm in...
ReplyDeleteChris - nice try, but it's not THAT easy. It is 100 burpees for EACH indulgence (one serving). Think of it as being more of an endurance (and character) builder. And, you can take some comfort that most days I will be doing them along with you.
ReplyDeletecheers