Tonight tony and I did one of toughest workouts yet. It is called "Murph" (named after a soldier who died in Iraq while helping to save someone else, more on him in another post) and it consists of:
1 mile run
100 Pull Ups
200 Push Ups
300 Squats
1 mile run
a year ago it would have taken me hours to this workout, especially the 100 pull ups. I finished in 44:54, completely exhausted and unable to lift my arms. I did everything in the order listed (all 100 pull ups, then all 200 push ups) and it was BRUTAL. Then, after we were done we logged on to crossfit.com and saw that most everyone else split the exercises up (10 x (10 pull ups - 20 push ups - 30 squats)). yeah, that would have been good to know...
btw, I would not recommend doing the full CF WOD's until you have built up asolid base. I don't want anyone to end up in the hospital with Rhabdo...
later
No comments:
Post a Comment