I have been following CrossFit consistently for about 6 months now. Before that I tried it on occasion for about a year and decided that I needed to fully commit in order to get some real results. I have not been let down.
I have been working out in some form or another since my Jr. year of high school (16 yrs) and I can honestly say that CrossFit is the best workout program I've ever done. I could go on and on about it and please if there is anyone that has questions about it - ask. It has re-defined what fitness is and how to get there. It it crazy and intense and if you do it right, it will get you in the best shape of your life. Seriously.
CF (CrossFit) works to build a foundation of fitness and a related site CFE(CrossFit Endurance) works to extend that foundation into endurance activities. The most amazing thing about how these programs work together is that you can achieve great fitness and endurance in less time than a traditional training program. This becomes especially true for endurance athletes, as most every program is based upon LSD (Long, Slow Distance) which takes a great deal of time and only increases as the race distance increases (from sprint triathlon to Ironman triathlon for example).
When I signed up for the Ironman last year, the biggest obtacle I knew I would face was time - the time needed to prepare myself for that distance. I had read that the average training week would be 12-15 hours and would build up to a peak of 20 hours. That's a lot of time! I was told I would need to make sacrifices, to cut out social activities in order to get enough rest and training time. That was tough for me to hear and I decided that I would try to commit the time; but knew it wouldn't be easy. Now, as I'm once again building a base for the Ironman, I have been stoked about the results I'm getting in almost half the amount of time. I know that last year was my first year doing triathlons and so my gains are somewhat tied to my body adjusting, but I hope to show that I will be more competitive this year using CF & CFE as my primary training program.
I will post some of my favorite workouts as well as results from Time Trials as they occur.
Get-er-Done...
No comments:
Post a Comment