Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Solid workout!

Day 2 of my "renewed focus" training plan brought me a seriously tough Wod: "Christina" a hero-ish wod created by CF Tuscon to remember the 6 lives lost in the recent shooting, including the 9-yr old Christina.
AMRAP in 20 min of:
9 Pull ups
9 Squat Cleans (135#)
9 KB Swings (1.5 pood)
9 Toes 2 Bar
9 Push Press (135#)
9 Burpees

I was unsure I would be able to complete this Rx as I've never lifted more than 120# overhead before and so I used 35's & 10's on each side of the bar to give myself an out.  Plan was to go slow and steady and try to complete as much as I could w/o dropping weight.  
I got 2 rounds + 18 reps.  VERY happy w/ that, knowing I could have gone a bit faster on the cleans and was able to do 18 push press w/ only 2 failed reps.  Gives me a ton of confidence in pushing myself more w/ the heavy weight.  
Tomorrow will likely be a rest day from lifting but could be good opportunity to start running again (indoors).  

No comments:

Post a Comment