Friday, January 21, 2011

why are Friday's always so CRAZY?

For whatever reason Friday's always seem to be hectic and stressed for me.  I usually have multiple projects that need to be finished (ideally before the weekend so I don't have to remember where to pick up on Monday) & I try  to organize my office but give up at some point and just settle for re-stacking all the papers/files into neater stacks.  Then there's the ever present goal to leave early, which rarely happens as I too easily am distracted by some random task (today it was finding the green dry-erase board marker; didn't need to use it, just noticed it wasn't with the other markers... found it under my desk).  Anyways, I was far less stressed today knowing that I got a quality workout in at lunch and that we already had planned a fun night out with friends.
todays workout:
Squat work - after a week of stretching/mobilizing my shoulder I was able to get/keep bar in Low-bar back squat position. warm up then 5x 205, 215, 215.
wod: 3 rounds of 6 Muscle Ups, 30 wall balls, 12 HSPU, 15 Power Cleans-135#.  I figured cleans would be tough, but I spent half the wod on my knees trying to summon strength for HSPU.  Must. Get. Better.
Time was awful (>30min) but I was happy to not quit or scale the weight down.  This was easily the heaviest couple days of wods for me in at least 6 months.  considering how little lifting I've done, I feel good about being able to survive; now I keep building...

No comments:

Post a Comment